books and links also available at the Concordia Library through the course reserves website
1. Azoulay, Ariella, "The Ontological Problem of Photography." Lexical Reivew of Political
2. Solomon-Godeau, Abigail. “Inside/Out” Public Information Desire, Disaster, Document
(SFMOMA 1994). 49-61.
Weeks 2 - 5
5. Chan, Jennifer. “Notes on Post Internet” You are Here, Art After the Internet. Omar Kholief, ed. 2012.
1. The Perils of Post-Internet Art
2. Beauty and critical art: is beauty at odds with critical political engagement?
Maria-Alina Asavei LINK and PDF
Brian O'Doherty Inside the White Cube: The Ideology of the Gallery Space